JUNEAU NORDIC SKI CLUB
2023/24 Calendar of Events
Dates, times, and locations subject to change depending on snow conditions/availability. Events are free to JNSC members (everyone is invited to become a JNSC member!) Interested in volunteering? Have an idea for an event? Email us! email@example.com
Photo Contest Public Voting Open
November 27th – December 3rd
For this year’s photo contest, we’re asking for your help to decide who took the best shots of Nordic skiing in Juneau. That’s right, the People’s Choice Award will be determined by YOU. Browse this year’s submissions and vote at jnski.org/photo-contest. Then, join us Wednesday, December 6th from 5:30-7:30pm at the @alaskanbrewing tasting room to find out who won. Ready, set, vote!
Adult League 2.0 Registration Opens
Friday, December 1st
Looking for motivation to get out on those dark nights after work? Have a race you want to train for? Want to refine your technique? It’s time register for the second season of the JNSC Adult League! Our goal is to provide a fun and heart-pounding weekly workout while building community for active adult skiers over the course of our 11-week program. (New to skiing or wanting to learn? This group may not be the right fit for you, but Eaglecrest Ski Area offers lessons for skiers of all levels.) Weekly meetups will be Thursdays, January 4th through March 15th, from 5:15-6:45. Register at www.jnski.org/products/adult-league.
Questions? Contact Abby Jahn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Annual Season Kick-Off
Wednesday, December 6th, 5:30-7:30pm @ AK Brew Co Tasting Room
Join us as we glide into another ski season! Need a reason to join us? Here are 10:
2. Win a door prize!
3. Be the first get your hands on our new club swag before they sell out.
4. FREE window decals for all JNSC members!
5. Find out who won the photo contest.
6. Buy/Sell/Swap the ski gear you need (to get rid of) this winter.
7. Enjoy a fine brew (gluten-free or -full) from your fav local brewery.
8. Join or renew your membership!
9. Hear the latest updates from your home-grown ski club.
10. Bring a dish to share (and help make it a green event by bringing your own utensils/plate)!
Stay tuned, more event postings coming soon….